BRENT ELLIOTT QUICKLY ESTABLISHED HIMSELF AS ONE OF THE FINEST TRIAL ATTORNEYS IN NORTH MISSOURI.
Brent served as Chillicothe City Attorney from 1981-1988. He was elected Livingston County Prosecutor in 1982 and was re-elected in 1986. After nearly 40 indictments were handed down by a Livingston County Grand Jury, Brent prosecuted and convicted every person indicted for illegal drug traﬃcking. He tried dozens of felony jury trials and procured a conviction in each case.
In 1988, Brent left the prosecutor’s oﬃce to become chief trial attorney for the ﬁrm of Cleveland, Macoubrie, Cox and Elliott. In addition to trying a number of complex civil cases, Brent continued to try murder cases and complex felonies as a hired special prosecutor. Despite handling some of the toughest cases of our time, his jury trial record remains unblemished.
In 1989, Brent formed the Elliott Law Firm LLC where he continued his private practice until his appointment as a judge on January 1, 2001. During his twenty-plus years in the practice of law, Brent’s many accomplishments included the following:
· Selected to the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Board of Governors 1986-88.
· Represented Missouri Prosecutors on televised Arson Awareness Program.
· Instructor – Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Conference – Investigation and Trial of Drug Cases.
· Instructor – Missouri Department of Conservation New Agent Trainees – Searches, Seizures and Courtroom Procedures.
· Instructor – Missouri State Fire Marshall's Office – Searches, Seizures and Courtroom Procedures.